|Sultan Ismail College|
Maktab Sultan Ismail
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Type||National secondary school, Cluster Schools of Excellence|
|Motto||Setia Maju dan Jaya|
History[edit | edit source]
Sultan Ismail College was formerly known as Ismail English School, established in 5 January 1936, named after Sultan Ismail Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Mohamed ke-IV. The school started in a small building which is now the canteen of SK Padang Garong, and later on it was relocated to the location today in Telipot.
In 7 April 1954 the school name changed into Sultan Ismail College, and in 1965 the school name changed into Maktab Sultan Ismail as the government required to use Malay in official names.