This article was originally imported and modified from Wikipedia.
note that there might be some changes on one or both sites and the article might now look very different from both sites (16 February 2022)
|Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Ampang|
Bandar Baru Ampang
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Motto||Berilmu dan Beramal|
|School district||Hulu Langat|
|Principal||Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd (2002-2010)|
|Grades||Remove class, First form to fifth form|
|Gender||Male & Female|
|Affiliations||Ministry Of Education Malaysia|
SMKBBA was established on 1 January 2002 with 383 students and 32 teachers. The principal is Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd.
Identities[edit | edit source]
Missions[edit | edit source]
SMKBBA will strive to use all resources available to:
1. Improve the quality of management and services by improving management and administration and financial management of schools.
2. Improve academic performance and personality development of students through curriculum strengthening, students affair management, and curriculum management.
3. Improve the professionalism of the organization through the consolidation of human resource management.
4. Creating a school culture that is conducive for strengthening the physical development management and community relations.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
To foster collaboration and harmonious relationship between the school and community.
To produce outstanding individuals who have high noble and self-esteem.
To create an environment that is conducive to the development of potentials of individuals.
To show the edifice as a clean, cheerful and beautiful school.
School Anthem[edit | edit source]
The official SMKBBA school anthem was written and composed by Shuzaidi B. Shamsudin, an ex-student from the school. It was originally written in Malay language. Today students today sing the anthem once a week during the school assembly.
Dari berlainan bangsa dan juga budaya Di sini kami satukan Mencapai satu cita Ke arah kecemerlangan
Usaha gigih gemilang tekad kami Haruslah diamalkan Taburlah jasa bakti Buktikan kejayaan
'Dengan cita suci serta keyakinan Membentuk insan berwawasan Dedikasi juga disiplin Asas kemajuan
Pohonkanlah doa kepada yang maha Esa Kuatkan semangat waja Inilah ikrar warga* SMK Bandar Baru Ampang* * Repeat twice
History[edit | edit source]
Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Ampang started operating on 1 January 2002. In the early stage, the school had to operate in SMK Tasik Permai for a year due to the delay in the school’s building completion. In the first year, the school consisted of 7 Remove classes, 6 Form 1 classes which held 383 students. It had 32 teachers and 5 staff.
The first Principal](known as the Headmaster) of SMK Bandar Baru Ampang is Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd from Kajang, Selangor. On 28 November 2002, YB Tan Sri Musa Mohamed, The Minister of Education Malaysia visited the building site.
On 1 January 2003, the construction work of the school was done and the secondary school was moved to its location in Bandar Baru Ampang, Selangor with permission from the Minister of Education Malaysia. At that time, SMK Bandar Baru Ampang consisted of five Remove classes, ten Form1 classes and five Form 2 classes, with a total of 742 students. There were 40 teachers and 6 staff.
Magazine[edit | edit source]
The school magazine of the SMKBBA is named the Cemerlang. It is published annually by the Cemerlang Editorial Board.
Academics[edit | edit source]
Compulsory[edit | edit source]
Certain subjects are compulsory:
- Bahasa Melayu / Malay Language
- English / Bahasa Inggeris
- Islamic Education / Pendidikan Islam - for all Muslim students
- Moral Knowledge / Pendidikan Moral - for all non-Muslim students
- History / Sejarah
- Mathematics / Matematik
- Science / Sains (counted as a compulsory subject for non-Science stream students)
Elective[edit | edit source]
Science stream[edit | edit source]
- Additional Mathematics / Matematik Tambahan
- Physics / Fizik
- Chemistry / Kimia
- Biology / Biologi
- EST - English for Science and Technology
Commerce Stream[edit | edit source]
- Additional Mathematics / Matematik Tambahan
- Basic Economies / Ekonomi Asas
- Business Studies / Perdagangan
- Principles of Accountancy / Prinsip Akaun
Art Stream[edit | edit source]
- Sastera Melayu / Malay Literature
- English Literature / Kesusasteraan Inggeris
- Arts / Pendidikan Seni Visual
- Tamil Literature / Kesusasteraan Tamil
Additional[edit | edit source]
Below are the additional subjects student can choose from:
- Mandarin / Bahasa Mandarin
- Tamil Language / Bahasa Tamil
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Main center hall/Gathering site (Left view)
Main center hall/Gathering site/Classes view (Right view)
Decoration Near Main Staircase leading to the office
Bilik Seni (Arts Room)
Signage for 5 Science Alpha
Interior view of 5 Science Alpha
Edible Landscape Garden
Save our earth banner
Mural drawings by teachers and students
Staircase view from 4th floor
Mural drawing by SMKBBA students
Shortcut passage to backlane
Mural drawing on staircase
School administration office
Pondok facing the main entrance
Mural drawing that conveys meaningful message
Passage of Memories
Group of students with the Malaysian First Astronaut