|Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Shih Chung Pusat|
72-A Love Lane
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Type||National-type Chinese primary school|
|School district||Timur Laut|
History[edit | edit source]
Shih Chung school was established in 1908 by Hakka Association of Penang. The original name was Chung Wah School (崇华学堂). During the early years the school reside in Penang Chinese Town Hall. In 1920 the school relocated to Love Lane.
Due to the rising number of students, a branch school was established on 1938 in Northam Road.
During the 1950s, the total number of students in the main school and branch school reached its peak at nearly 1000 students. However, since the 1970s the number of students started to decline as the population at the town centre migrated to the newly developed suburbs.
SJK (C) Shih Chung Pusat faced a shortage of students in the recent years. In 2016, the school opened special education classes for students with learning disabilities. It is the second school to open special education classes after SJK (C) Aik Hua in 2012.
School song[edit | edit source]